NJ Section ANNUAL Scholarships
Scholarships are available for award to members of American Society of Civil Engineers (ASCE) Student Chapters located in the State of New Jersey and members of out of state ASCE Student Chapters having their legal home address in the State of New Jersey. See the timeline below for when students should apply:
- Apply by last Friday in March of Junior year
- Awards are notified by May 1
- Scholarship Awards are disbursed to Awardee’s school in November for application to final baccalaureate year/semester of study.
Up to two applicants may be selected each year to receive a $2,000 award from the New Jersey Section. The Central Jersey Branch ASCE may also offer a $2,000 scholarship. Students submitting the New Jersey Section scholarship application will automatically receive consideration for the Central Branch award.
Please pay close attention to the submission requirements found in the New Jersey Section Scholarship Instructions files below:
- All applications are to be coordinated and submitted by the Student's ASCE Chapter Advisor to assure that the maximum of three applicants per chapter is not exceeded.
- Applicants may type directly into the new application form, print it, obtain needed signatures and submit the hard copy original, with required attachments to his / her advisor.
- Completed applications should be submitted via US mail or other delivery service postmarked no later than the LAST FRIDAY IN MARCH to the following address:
Mrs. Jean Hansen
3 London Pl.
Somerset, NJ 08873
Any questions may be sent to Jean Hansen at firstname.lastname@example.org
NJIT JOHN CRAIG SCHOLARSHIP
The John Craig Scholarship is offered by the ASCE New Jersey Section to New Jersey Institute of Technology (NJIT) Students. Students follow the same criteria and timeline as the Section Scholarships (above) – but must specifically be enrolled at NJIT.